Here are some tips for after you close on your new house.
- Set up utilities- trust me no one wants to pay your bills. Except maybe the utility fairy. I’m still looking for her! Here’s an article “How To Set Up Utilities In Your New Home”
- Change your address- Your mail will not magically appear in your box. Quick link: Change Address USPS Bonus: Move-in Coupons YEAH!!!
- Change the Locks on the door. Seems like a no-brainer but trust me you don’t want a panty sniffer in the house. Here’s an article “How To Find A Good Locksmith”.
- Lawn Equipment- Daunting thought? OK ask your agent if he/she has some good referrals for contractors and vendors. Or do a little research on your own “How To Hire A Trustworthy Landscaper”.
- Ever think who is going to change the light bulbs? Or what happens if the fridge breaks? Home Warranty companies can be helpful. Your agent may be able to provide Home Warranties at a discount (Don’t forget to ask). Some tips in this article “What To Know About Buying A Home Warranty”.
There you go. Just a quick list of tips for after you close!
Leave a Reply