As we transition from spring to summer, add these tips into your home maintenance routine:
- Deck: Check your deck to see if it needs to be resealed or if there are any boards that look like they’re rotting and have them replaced.
- Fence: No matter what type of fence you have, the summer months are a great time to check on the condition of your fence and repair any parts that are broken or missing.
- Furnace: Summer is a good time to have the heating system serviced, to help avoid emergency repairs when the cold weather returns.
- Garden: Add a layer of mulch to your garden, it will help fight off weeds and help your soil retain moisture during those hot summer months.
- Roof: Summer is a good time to inspect roofs for damage inside and outside, to help avoid emergency repairs later.
- Vents/Air Ducts: Air quality degrades during the summer, so start off the season with clean vents and ducts. Clean ducts also help reduce wear and tear on your AC (including prematurely clogged filters).