Spring home maintenance is all about about cleaning up after the mess and damage inflicted by winter. Here are some tips:
- Windows: Fix or replace the screens on windows and doors to keep bugs out. This is also a good time to wash your windows!
- Faucets: Check outside hose faucets and other water system sources for damage. Also, keep an eye out for any signs of leaking.
- Gutters: Clean all debris and leaves out of the downspouts and gutters that might have accumulated during winter storms.
- Furnace: After working overtime during the winter, clean the motor, filler system, and blower of your furnace system.
- Roof: Look for missing or damaged shingles and signs of leaking or cracking. Contact a professional in case of any issues.
- Chimney: Inspect for cracks and clean your chimney and fireplace after a winter of heavy use.